Our Tampa Chiro Treats Whiplash Injuries
Whiplash is an injury that is caused by a sudden and forceful backward and forward motion of the neck. This type of injury often occurs during an auto accident, a sport accident, or from a physical attack. If you have been in an accident and you have whiplash, our Westchase chiropractor, Dr. Christine Tran, at Elan Wellness Center can provide chiropractic care to help relieve the symptoms of whiplash.
What Are the Symptoms Of Whiplash?
The symptoms of whiplash can come on suddenly or it can take up to 24-hours for the symptoms to develop. There are even cases when whiplash symptoms does not occur until months after the accident. The most common symptoms include:
- Neck pain that often gets worse with movement
- Stiff neck
- Lose of range of motion in the neck
- Headaches that often occur at the back of the head
- Pain in the arms, shoulders, and upper back
- Numbness in the arms
How Is Whiplash Diagnosed?
Whiplash can often be diagnosed during a physical exam. Our chiropractor in Tampa will ask you about your accident and your symptoms. During your physical exam, our chiropractor will check the range of motion in your neck and shoulders. She will also want to see what movements are causing the most pain. She will want to check your neck, back, and shoulders for tenderness as well.
How Can Chiropractic Care in Tampa Help With Whiplash?
Our Westchase chiropractor can perform a few treatment procedures to help relieve your pain and stiffness. These treatments may include:
- Spinal Adjustments: Spinal adjustments can properly align your spine to relieve your neck pain. This procedure can also help improve your range of motion in your neck.
- Massage Therapy: Your neck pain can be relieved by massages. Deep tissue massage reduces inflammation and stiffness and can increase your mobility in the neck.
Sometimes combining both treatments can be very effective and can allow your neck to heal naturally.
Contact Our Westchase Chiropractor for Whiplash Treatment
If you have been in an accident and is suffering from whiplash, contact Elan Wellness Center for whiplash treatment. Our chiropractor in Tampa can perform a physical exam to create a treatment plan designed specifically for your condition. Our Tampa chiro can help relieve your whiplash pain, making your day to day life more manageable. Call us at 813-855-0001 to schedule your appointment.