Chiropractic care in Tampa, FL, for shoulder pain is a natural way to get long-term relief and improve shoulder function. Our Westchase chiropractor at Elan Wellness Center has helped numerous patients experiencing mild to severe pain that prevents them from performing daily tasks. A shoulder adjustment or spinal adjustment may be all that is needed to ease the pain, increase shoulder movements, and regulate musculoskeletal functions.
Understanding the Shoulder Joint
The shoulder is a complex structure of joints, bones, muscles, tendons, ligaments, and cartilage. There are also the rotator cuffs, collarbones, and shoulder blades on either side of the shoulder. This flexible ball-and-socket joint allows a range of motion, including lifting and raising the arm overhead. But its high degree of flexibility increases the risks of injury and pain.
What Causes that Nagging Shoulder Pain?
Acute auto accident or sports injuries and degenerative conditions commonly cause pain. Athletes and people whose work involves heavy lifting, repetitive motions, or reaching overhead are more likely to experience pain. Below is a list of shoulder conditions our chiropractor in Tampa, FL, can help treat:
- Frozen shoulder
- Arthritis or bursitis
- Rotator cuff tear or tendinitis
- Muscle or tendon strains or sprains
- Broken or dislocated shoulder or arm bone
- A pinched nerve in the shoulder or neck
Patients may experience dull, sharp, or excruciating pain in either shoulder. The pain may get worse when you bear weight or move the arm. Stiffness, swelling, visible joint deformity, inflammation, and reduced mobility are also common. A pinched nerve may cause numbness, tingling, and muscle weakness.
How Our Westchase Chiropractor Diagnose and Treat Your Pain
Your chiropractor will design a treatment plan after evaluating your injury or symptoms by way of a physical exam, X-ray, MRI, or CT scan. Your symptoms may improve after receiving these non-invasive treatments that target the underlying cause of pain:
- Shoulder Adjustments: Adjusting and restoring the shoulder joint may offer significant pain relief and improve mobility. Realigning the shoulder reduces swelling and inflammation and aids soft-tissue healing.
- Spinal Adjustments: Shoulder pain relief can come from adjusting the spine in the neck. Mobilizing and manipulating the cervical joints and soft tissue take the stress off the musculoskeletal structures, release the pinched nerve, and restore balance. Some patients sense reduced pain after the first session.
- Massage Therapy: Gently manipulating the soft tissue helps to relax stiff muscles, increase blood circulation, and stimulate healing. We may recommend special stretches and exercises to strengthen the shoulder and facilitate natural healing.
Visit Our Westchase Chiropractor for Natural Relief
Personalized and integrative care at Elan Wellness Center can help you heal faster, so you can resume normal daily activities. Call our Tampa, FL, location at 813-855-0001 to schedule an appointment today.