Neck Pain Relief in Tampa
Having neck pain can be frustrating for many people. While a common ailment, neck pain can be connected to a number of sources. It could be a case of sleeping in the wrong position or having poor posture. Or the neck pain may have originated from an injury. No matter how it occurred, the results are the same: constant pain, limited mobility, and a stiff neck.
If you are looking for a chiropractor in the Tampa area, it is probably because you have persistent neck pain that hasn't cleared up after taking over-the-counter remedies or other treatments. If this is the case, make sure to visit our Westchase chiropractor at Elan Wellness Center, serving the Oldsmar, Citrus Park, Odesa, Town ‘N’ Country, Tampa, and Westchase area, today. We can tell you what caused your neck pain and what treatments will effectively work to reduce or eliminate it.
Causes of Neck Pain
Your neck is a flexible part of the body that supports the head. It is more likely to get injured if it's subjected to any kind of physical impact. The neck is also vulnerable to conditions that cause pain or reduces mobility. Common problems that generate neck pain includes:
- Whiplash: This injury is a result of rear-end auto impacts, and happen when the head is violently jerked backward then forward, tearing and stretching the muscles and tendons of the neck.
- Nerve Compression: A disc herniation or bone spur can compress the nerves from the spinal cord, resulting in neck pain.
- Diseases: Diseases like arthritis, cancer, and meningitis are known to cause neck pain.
- Sports Injuries: Injuries related to sports, especially high-impacted sports, can strain the neck and bring acute or chronic pain.
- Muscle Strain: Hunching over the computer for long periods, poor posture, and sleeping in a wrong position can bring forth neck pain.
Treatment for Your Neck Pain
Neck pain treatment starts with determining how your pain was caused. Our Westchase chiropractor will evaluate your neck, conduct several tests, and review your health history. After analyzing the results of your tests, she will create a plan to help reduce or eliminate your neck pain as well as help your neck to heal and improve your range of motion. Our doctor may begin with spinal adjustments and then include exercises and other therapies to facilitate the healing process.
Get the Relief You Need to Be Pain-free
If you're in Town ‘N’ Country, Odesa, Oldsmar, Citrus Park, Westchase, or Tampa, you can find the relief you are looking for your neck pain at Elan Wellness Center. Whether it's just occurring or it's been a persistent problem, we can help. Call us at 813-855-0001 to make an appointment with our Westchase chiropractor.